Thursday, September 18, 2008

5 minutes, 5 questions with Pamela Pekerman


During Fashion Week, we were able to interview Accessories Fashion Expert Pamela Pekerman, who is a VH1 Correspondent and HSN's resident Bag Guru. Pamela Pekerman is the go-to for all things bags. In 2005 she launched the award-winning BAGTRENDS.com to share her bag obsession with stylish women around the world. She also serves as a handbag correspondent for AOL's Stylelist.com and trend forecaster for WSA Today, and has been featured on VH-1's The Fabulous Life, Better TV, CN8, NBC6, HSN,Cosmopolitan, the Wall St. Journal, LUCKY and E! Radio.

1. What looks are you loving for fall and winter?

I love pencil skirts because they are classic and work for girls with nice curves. I'm also loving all the berry colors including strawberry which is such a burst of fun for fall.

2. What one bag should be in every woman's closet?

Every woman should have a structured satchel in a timeless color like black, gray, navy or chocolate brown. This bag should not be too big - it should have at least one outer pocket to hold a Metrocard and cell or small lipstick. It should have at least 3 inner pockets to keep you organized. And the top handles need to be just long enough to go over you shoulder - but not too long, about a 5in drop. This can be your work bag, because it has organization. It can be your day-night because you didn't go too big in size. And it can even be your go-to errands bag on weekends. It's classic in shape and color so you'll enjoy it for a long time.

3. Name three classic bags that you always turn to season after season.

Rebecca Minkoff "Morning After Mini"; Givenchy "Little Black Patent Purse"; Carlos Falchi simple "Exotic Skin Tote" in pewter.

4. Quick, what's in your makeup bag right now?

Chanel eyes/lips/cheek set, MAC lipstick in glaze, Victoria Secret blush from event I just went to - I love it.

5. What was the best piece of fashion/beauty advice that you ever received?

For fashion, my mother taught me the value of getting items tailored so they fit just right for you. I fix almost everything I buy, especially skirts and pants because I'm short.
Beauty I'm still learning!! I'm kind of a beauty idiot. Last year I learned about corrector and concealer from a friend who's a makeup artist. It has changed my life!


I think Jenn and I would both love to borrow her for a day and have her pick out accessories and bags for us. A big 'thank you' to Pamela Pekerman for taking time to answer our questions!

with love (always),
Jennifer and Christine
proud members of total beauty and the bbn networks

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails