Thursday, September 11, 2008

altru artistry...the review



Nestled with a medley of rich, warm spices and creamy vanilla with hints of black tea. The Artistry collection pays homage to the richness of Moroccan art and culture, and its beautifully complex, yet tremendously sophisticated influence on human history, modern art, cuisine and design.

Doesn't that make you want to go run to Starbucks and get a Venti Chai? Or is it just me?

I love this candle. When we received this in the mail, there wasn't even hesitation on Jenn's part to know this had my name all over it. I love Chai and all things related to Chai. If you have never tried one, Fall is the perfect time to get acquainted with it. But, I digress....

This candle's scent is Masala Chai (and now it becomes clear why I practically took it from Jenn and lit it in my living room before she even told me where it came from). And when my husband came home from work and saw it he wanted to light it and then asked me if we had any Chai mix in the house (I got him hooked on them as well), but that is how amazing this candle is.

It has a burn time of 70 hours. But there have been several times when I have come into the living room and looked to see if it was lit because it totally smelled like it was and it wasn't. The scent is not too overpowering, but we do have it in a pretty open room.

It is a soy blend wax candle filled in a hammered copper vessel with a delicate golden lining. it is really pretty and looks great out on display. And it is a good sized candle.

Regardless of how wonderful it is, it's going to set you back $55 but all proceeds from the Altru collection support the In a Perfect World children's foundation. So, you spend a little but you are also helping out a good cause.

For more information and to view other products and scents visit altrubygamillah.com. You can also purchase them at Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, Henri Bendel, ABC Carpet & Home and Anthropologie.

I totally need a Chai now...

Christine
photo courtsey of altrubygamillah.com
proud members of total beauty and the bbn networks

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails