Tuesday, September 2, 2008

l'oreal paris skin genesis daily moisturizer and treatment serum concentrate

It is so so hard to find a decent moisturizer when you have sensitive, oily skin that is sometimes combination skin. I hesitate every single time I'm about to try out a new product on my face...so much so I have reverted back to my original products all this week so I don't look like a connect the dots poster this weekend at Fashion Week.

So when I received the L'Oreal Skin Genesis Daily Moisturizer (pink bottle, $25.99) AND the Daily Treatment Serum (silver bottle, $19.99), I almost had a heart attack....not one but two products to try out.

I thought this was going to go one of two ways - either my skin was going to be crazy oily and I was about to be the above mentioned poster or it was going to dry out my skin and I was about to be the above mentioned poster.

Right off the bat...both products smell great. Almost to the point where I didn't care how they reacted with my skin.....almost. I tried both products together in the morning after my shower. I have to say that I did remain oil-free much, much longer than I normally do and there were no breakouts. Both go on very light and absorb very quickly so you don't have to wait around for a while until it all soaks in. My skin felt much smoother and I also noticed my makeup went on better, but I still used a primer. I think if I was in a hurry I would be able to skip the primer step and still be looking good. There are two negatives...1) no SPF (but they do make a moisturizer with SPF but it's not an oil-free one) and 2) there is alcohol listed pretty high up on the ingredient list....so if your skin is more on the dry side I would use this with caution or try something else.

The L'Oreal Skin Genesis line is a technologically-advanced, cell-strengthening system for stronger, tighter, more even skin.Formulated with patented Pro-Xylane™, an exclusive L’OrĂ©al molecule that strengthens skin and reignites cell activity layer by layer, and hyaluronic acid, skin’s natural hydrator. The Serum is a daily pre-moisturizing serum concentrate – a crystal clear, lightweight texture, that delivers the highest concentration of the active ingredients to boost effectiveness. And the oil-free moisturizer is a non-greasy hydrator that immediately creates a more flawless complexion by instantly smoothing skin’s surface and evening skin’s tone. Suitable for all skin types, especially for those with oily skin, it leaves behind a soft, powdery finish.

I would not hesitate to try both of these products again. If you have sensitive skin or dry skin I would check out the ingredient list before trying either one of these products. If you have normal and/or oily skin I would definitely recommend them. If I still had them around, I would be using them this week and the weekend in New York to get my skin in tip-top shape.

Check out more reviews on totalbeauty.com for both products. For reviews on the Moisturizer, click here. And for the Serum, click here.

Christine
proud members of total beauty and the bbn networks

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails