Saturday, October 11, 2008

christine's nail color of the week

We are starting another little segment here at Beauty in Real Life. Since I have been crowned resident lover of all things nail polish, I thought I would start sharing my favorite picks. I normally paint the nails once a week anyway so why not take a picture and share the love.

I'm starting things off with a bang...Chanel Le Vernis nail color in Dazzling. It's being relaunched for the holidays and I love it. I have received numerous compliments on it. I normally don't do red - I'm more of a pastel pink in spring and more berry/wine colors in fall and winter. So I'm branching out here. I think this color would be universally flattering. It's sort of an red-orange but deeper (see pictures below - one on the left is with flash and my old camera so it's blurry and the one on the right is no flash and not as blurry).

And man does Chanel know how to make nail polish. This stuff lasts and lasts and lasts and for $20 a bottle it better! I just got done trimming the front flower bed sans gloves and there is not a nick or scratch to be found. I only have one other Chanel color and I have given my mom a couple - who has become a huge fan of the polish and "subtlety" asked for it for her birthday...wish granted in the ways of Ballerina - a pretty light pink, perfect for my mom. I tend to only look at their limited edition colors since you can't really get them anywhere else. I am dying to get my hands on a bottle of the Haute Chocolate, but that is for another day.

If you are looking for a great red, check out Dazzling. I can only find it on at the moment, but I am sure as soon as they get the holiday goodies out on display you will be able to find this sitting along with it all at the department stores. Although it is fun to order from the site - it comes all wrapped up and a bow.

Next week....maybe one of the Tracy Reese for Sally Hansen Fall Colors.

photo courtesy of me :0)
proud members of total beauty and the bbn networks


Jen Hill said...

That is a gorgeous red polish! Soooo pretty.

Lydia said...

Ooo pretty!

Related Posts with Thumbnails