Thursday, October 9, 2008

nars black eye set....

Yep you can now give yourself a black eye thanks to NARS.

No, not the painful, embarrassing, wearing your sunglasses inside regardless of the brightness level black eye....

It's a smokey eye.

NARS The Black Eye Set ($60) is the ultimate tool kit for creating a flawless, smokey eye. It contains the Eyeliner Pencil in Black Moon – a precision pencil providing intense pigment for definition and lash thickening effect, Mascara in Black Orchid, which accentuates the eye creating longer, thicker lashes, Duo Eyeshadow in Pandora, which works superbly for lining and contouring the eye and NARS Eye Makeup Remover, which removes all traces of makeup with no irritation.

So, I have actually had this kit for a while and anyone who has read our little blog from back in the beginning knows that smokey eyes are not our forte around here. So when I heard it was called the Black Eye Set, intimidation does not even begin to describe what I was feeling. I immediately thought back to a giveaway we had with smokey eye goodies and reader left a comment about her lack of skills and hoping she didn't end up looking like a crazy raccoon or a hooker or a crazy raccoon hooker. I thought, "I am totally going to end up looking like a crazy raccoon hooker".

It took me a while to actually try this out. The first try was not pretty and I probably would have done those crazy raccoons proud. Thank goodness this set comes with makeup remover. The second time, I was looking a little less crazy. Today, I tried it for a third time and I am so proud of myself. My previous crazy look had nothing to do with this set, just my skill level. I actually practiced with other eyeshadows and liners before trying this one again. I rather waste the cheaper stuff than a $60 set on practicing. A side note...if you were to buy everything in the set separately it would be around $100!

Here are NARS directions for this set....

To create a smoky eye: Line the inner rim with NARS Eyeliner Pencil in Black Moon, blending above the lash line to the outer corners. Smudge the color up onto the lid, and set with the white shimmer side of NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Pandora. Darken the smoky Black Moon with the matte black side of Pandora. Apply two to three coats of NARS Mascara in Black Orchid. To finish, re-line the inner rim of the eye with Black Moon.

I pretty much followed this directions, I applied the eyeliner (only on my upper eyelid) and then followed with the white and black shadows (the black scared me but it actually goes on pretty lightly and you can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you use). Then I took an angled brush and just put a little of the black shadow on my lower lash line from the outer corner to about the middle of the lash line and I smudged it to make it softer. And I did 2 coats of mascara on top and barely touched the mascara to the lower lashes, just enough to add a hint of color...it's 10 am here, I'm not going to go to crazy this early in the day. If I was going out later at night I would put a little more on. Actually, for me and doing mostly mom thing during the day, I probably wouldn't use this for daytime, but for date night - definitely.

This is a limited availability item, but on narscosmetics.com it's still available and has free 3-day shipping with it! It's also available at Nordstrom and Sephora (free shipping there too!).


Christine
photo courtesy of sephora.com
proud members of total beauty and the bbn networks

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails