Friday, November 14, 2008

trends i'm loving...purple as the new black

When I was a kid, I loved anything in the purple family. I had a comforter, rug, and lamp all featuring some sort of purple design.

Cool then, but really a little overkill overall.

Now the color is everywhere this fall/winter and I'm loving it all over again.

With Bobbi Brown's Eye Shadow in Lavender Metallic ($20 seen right) in the back of my mind, I went on a quest to find some more purple goodies.



CoverGirl Eye Enhancers - Quad Eye Shadow in Ice Princess 230 ($5) is a great set of shadows that can be used individually or creatively in a fabulous purple smoky-eye. Try the lightest shade as a highlight under the brow bone. The next color (lilac) on the lid...add the true purple hue into the crease...and finish off with the darkest shade as a liner. Be sure to blend them into one another so it's not line, line, line.



I'm really finding this Stila Eye Shadow Duo in Borealis ($20) fabulous in so many ways. I'm cheating a little here considering the one shade is a periwinkle and the other a midnight blue...but they were both so gorgeous I couldn't resist.

How perfect would this look as a lid color and eyeliner? You could use each on their own for a great pop of color, or combine for the most divine eye.



My last choice is the least expensive of the bunch and definitely a find...Tropez Eye Shadow Duo in Dream Girl is a steal at only $1.99! Plus you can find it at any local drugstore or mass market retailer that carries the line.

It goes on smoothly and can be applied lightly for a sheer effect, or layered for a more intense look.

A great way to experiment with color without taking a major plunge.



Jennifer
proud member of total beauty and the bbn networks

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails