Saturday, December 20, 2008

june jacobs lip kit


I don't know about you but for me during the harsh winter, my lips take a brutal beating. Between the frigid air and wind outside and then the dry, dry heated air inside, my lips are beyond done before Winter actually starts.

June Jacobs Lip Kit ($60) is a unique, preservative and paraben free, anti-aging lip treatment. This Lip Kit will naturally enhance lip structure, improve contour, add volume and define the lip line in a three step process. Packaged in a deluxe gift box. The gift box is really nice and the jars are heavy duty glass.

There are 3 steps to the kit. First is a Lip Scrub, which you are suppose to apply in a light circular motion and then rinse off with warm water. The scrub includes yummy ingredients like sugar, avocado oil, grape seed oil, vitamin e, sunflower seed oil, pomegranate extract and goji berry fruit extract. The second step is a Lip Masque that you apply and leave on for 2-3 minutes and then rinse off with warm water. It contains kaolin/bentonite (clay and antioxidant), arginine (amino acid), and gylcolic acid, plus a few other things. The last step is the Lip Renewal which is essentially a lip balm, but you apply liberally to lips at bedtime and throughout the day. And the Renewal is full of mango butter, Shea butter and few other things I can't pronounce much less spell.

So...how does it all work....I have to admit that I have had the June Jacobs Lip Kit since the summer and when I tried it back then I was not happy with it. I think I rubbed the scrub to hard into my lips and they felt worse after I was done than before I started. Granted it does say in the directions to apply the scrub in a light circular motion. I was so desperate a few weeks ago to get my lips back in shape that I decided to try this again. I used the light circular motion and it worked much better. Plus, this stuff smells amazing. Good enough to eat...but I wouldn't go that far.

You can find this and other June Jacobs products at junejacobs.com and skinstore.com.

Christine

2 Comments:

Online Shopping Chick said...

OH--thanks for this review. My lips literally shred during the winter months so I'm going to try this.

Beauty Tyrant said...

Hey girls,

Oh it's about time I get some treatment for my lips. they are so dry and chapped. I need help!! Thanks for sharing :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails