Wednesday, December 17, 2008

welcome to static central...population me - remington d-2009 t studio collection tourmaline ceramic hair dryer

Behold! The culprit behind my insanely static-y hair!

This hairdryer by Remington.

I figured it out after realizing that this was the only new addition to my routine.

After my other dryer died a few weeks ago, I picked this one up on a whim at my local Target.

It was pretty quiet, had a really nice long cord, and great temperature control settings.

The price wasn't bad either...about $37.

Honestly though...that was pretty much the end of the love right there.

What did I realize right away was it wasn't at all faster than my regular old dryer, even though it boasts tourmaline and ceramic powers.

The really big problem?

I think for me it delivered such intense heat, it actually succeeded in drying out my hair...thus making it more flyaway and static-y than normal.

Not good.

Luckily for me I had saved my receipt and packaging. I took this back to the store for a refund...even though I'd been using it for a few weeks.

So thank you Target for that.

proud members of total beauty and the bbn networks

1 Comment:

Jenna said...

I own this one too! I haven't had the static problem, but I hate how damn heavy it is. I have a bad flyaway problem, I hadn't thought about the fact that this blow dryer may be exacerbating the problem! I asked for this one for Christmas:

Supposedly a favorite of Paula Begoun, if that means anything. Hopefully I have better luck with it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails