Tuesday, January 27, 2009

neutrogena oil-free acne wash pink grapefruit foaming scrub


One day while strolling through my way-too-close-the-house Wegman's (the end all be all of grocery stores), I spied this little product from Neutrogena. It is there new Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub for Acne prone skin. Normally, I would have thought "that probably smells good" and then kept right on shopping. I have a love/hate relationship with Neutrogena. I have been using their products off and on for years. It's like childbirth or getting a tattoo, during the actual event, you think you will never ever do it again but shortly afterwards you can't remember what the problems was. This is my relationship with Neutrogena...

All during my teenage years I tried their regular Oil-free Acne Wash that did absolutely nothing but dry my skin out so bad it hurt. It took me a long time to realize that it was the issue. Since then I have never tried any of their skincare except for a moisturizer here and there because I am a huge sucker for advertising. Hey... if Jennifer Garner uses it and looks insanely great, I will too, right?! Ummm....not so much.

Anyway, back to Wegmans and Pink Grapefruit. When I first saw the ads for this I was intrigued until I found out it has Salicylic Acid in it. I have sensitive skin and over the years have gotten a little gun shy about Salicylic Acid. But on this particular day it was really, really, really cold and equally windy and my skin was screaming for some exfoliation. I saw this sitting on the shelf all by itself and thought what the heck. What's the worst that could happen - my skin gets even more dried out?

I love this stuff! It does say you can use it everyday - even twice a day. But as I mentioned, I'm a sensitive little thing and only use it a couple times a week...at the most. The first thing you will notice is that it is overpowerly (is that a word?) scented with grapefruit - some days it bothers me, other days I hardly notice. It foams up nicely and the the scrubby microbeads things are awesome. When I'm done my skin has a nice glow to it and I also make sure to use a moisturizer afterwards.

Neutrogena® Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub powerfully clears blemishes and blackheads with maximum strength Salicylic Acid acne medicine plus an uplifting blast of grapefruit. With 100% naturally derived grapefruit extract and vitamin C, Neutrogena® Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub features gentle microbeads that smooth away roughness without over-drying or irritating your skin.

If you are using other acne face stuff, I would check with your dermatologist or doctor before adding more salicylic acid to your routine. For more info on this particular product, click here. I think I spent around $6 for it. You can find it just about everywhere Neutrogena products are sold.

Christine

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

i used this monday night and tuesday morning by tuesday afternoon i had a very dry patch near the corner of my mouth. by tuesday night the are around my mouth felt like it was on fire and i had to keep putting lotion on my face to mask the burning feeling. i woke up wed morning with my entire face bright red and blothcy and so dry my skin was peeling. i had to call off work and stayed home with benadryl and an ice pack on my face all day. still in pain wed afternoon. ill let you know how long it takes to clear up. all of this from using a product twice?! i will NEVER buy another neutrogena product again!!! benadryl on the other hand........

whibley said...

i would love to give it a try because it seems to be appealing..plus it has salicylic acid which is good for acne-prone skin..but FYI, i've never seen it here in Malaysia..does this product ever come here? if they do,maybe I did not search well..anyway great post..

Acne Treatment said...

Ya this post seems to be very useful...

The Longs said...

Totally agree with Anonymous!! This product is TERRIBLE! After using 2 times in the morning only, my face began to burn uncontrollably,became extremely dried out, and break out!! The burning is almost unbearable. And all of this after only using the product TWICE!!! I will NEVER use this product again!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails