NARS Cosmetics was backstage creating the makeup look for Marchesa’s Autumn/Winter 2009 show.
Lead Makeup Artist, Talia Shobrook for NARS Cosmetics, created the wild brows and matte skin that graced the runway.
The inspiration behind the looks?
Well...Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig created their Fall 2009 collection with fairytales in mind.
To highlight this theme, Talia Shobrook created a whimsical look from her vision of a naughty aristocrat running out of a party, like a young girl going into the woods wearing a gorgeous ball gown, putting on makeup rather naively, she explained.
Wild brows atop flawless skin was the focus of the look.
I used a dash of Madrague brown shadow and went right into the inner corners of the brows, said Talia. To capture the look of a tousled young girl, the brows were brushed in an unnatural direction. Beneath the brows was a colored lid of matte white, as if applied in a fleeting moment by a true makeup novice. Soft lips complemented the perfect skin.
My take? While I think the overall look is beautiful, I'd have to smooth down the old brows...I tend to look a little insane grandpa if I don't.
Below is a a face chart and step-by-step to recreate the look:
· Lightly exfoliate and smooth skin with NARSskin Hydrating Freshening Lotion
· Moisturize with NARSskin Aqua Gel Hydrator
· Use NARS Sheer Glow Foundation (NEW for Fall 2009) in the center of the face and buff out for a neutral base
· Apply NARS Concealer generously, to cover any imperfections
· Apply NARS Loose Powder for matte finish
· Apply NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Kilimanjaro (icy yellow and icy blue sides) to entire lid, all the way to the brow, in a block shape, not blending
· Apply NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Madrague (cream side) on top
· Dash of the brown in NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Madrague (caramel side) into the inner top corners of the brows, pushing the hair in opposite directions
· Curl lashes with NARS Eyelash Curler
· Coat top lashes with NARS Larger than Life Volumizing Mascara in Black (NEW for Fall 2009)
· Massage light layer of NARS Lip Lacquer in Chelsea Girls
· Apply a bit of NARS Concealer to center of lip for matte look
NARS products are available at narscosmetics.com and at your local NARS counter.