I meant to get this out sooner...but definitely better late than never!
We have for you the uber fabulous MAX Factor Celebrity Makeup Artist Jake Bailey with his MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet Trend Report.
Read on lovlies...
At the MTV Movie Awards, people were making bold but simple choices with their makeup looks.
There were two standout looks I saw walk the carpet:
· A smokey, dramatic eye against a glowing, clean complexion paired with a nude lip for an effortless look.
· Quite a few girls were rockin’ a bright lip, some with a classic inspiration and others edgy and fun – I loved it!
Stars including Leighton Meester, Hayden Panettiere, Miley Cyrus and Anna Farris all looked beautiful with a smokey eye and nude lip. For a variation on the classic smokey eye, try doing the look with color for a summery, modern twist:
* A lighter green shade paired with aubergine is a beautiful combination while navy blue brings a hint of color to the traditional smokey eye look
* Choosing a shade with a little shimmer helps to keep it from getting too dark
* Always top off any smokey eye with two coats of dark black mascara – my go-to is MAX Factor’s 2000 Calorie Extreme Lash Plumper.
This season, bright bold lips are a great look that anyone can wear and we saw it all over the MTV red carpet on Cameron Diaz, Ashley Greene, Lauren Conrad and the look I created for Lo Bosworth!
* A simple eye and flawless skin is always a great pairing with a bold lip color – sometimes all you need is a really great lip!
* Stick with light and bright shades for the season to keep the look fresh – my favorites from MAX Factor’s Vivid Impact Lipcolor line are Sweet Tart, Rose Rage and Ms. Terious.
We created a simple but bold look with lots of lashes paired with a bright, bold lip color for Lo. Here’s how to get her full look:
* Blend MAX Factor ColorGenius Foundation with Minerals in Honey 1 all over face, on eye lids and below jaw line
* Top with Bronze Universel de Chanel for warmth and dimension
* Swipe Chanel Eye Shadow in Slate on eye lids
* Liner lower lashes with MAX Factor MAXeye Liner in Gilt Complex
* Apply two coats MAX Factor 2000 Calorie Extreme Lash Plumper in Extreme Blackout
* Finish with MAX Factor Vivid Impact Lipcolor in Sweet Tart
Love her makeup look. It's definitely for night, but could easily be translated into a gorgeous daytime look as well.
For more info on MAX Factor products, please head on over to maxfactor.com.