So honored am I to have had the chance to interview the fabulous Makeup Girl herself...Lianne Farbes!
If you haven't visited her blog, The Makeup Girl, what's stopping you?
She was one of the pioneers of the beauty blogging world, starting up her blog in 2006. She also has years of experience as a makeup artist and model!
Plus, look at her, she's GORGEOUS!!!
So without further adieu, here you go...
1. What beauty trends are you loving for winter?
I always say this every year but dark liner always works for me. I try to switch it up with whatever the hot color is which is purple for sure this year. Shimmery cheeks, I do bronzer under the cheekbone and a brighter shimmer color on the apples of the cheeks. Looks natural, pretty and contoured without looking "all contoured". I also am really digging the MAC greasepaint sticks. LOVE them.
2. Can you give my readers a quick beauty trick or tip that you swear by?
Yep, spoons in the freezer. I keep two teaspoons in the freezer at all times for puffy eye emergencies. I even went to Target and bought two random spoons that are my freezer spoons. Something about the cold and the metal that reduces swelling/puffiness immediately.
3. What's in your makeup bag right now?
Ha!!! Really? You cought me on a heavy day this is the weekend bag. Okay here we go:
* Dior Color reviver lip balm
* MAC studio fix
* Cover Girl Outlast lipstain in cinnamon
* Clinique cream shaper for eyes in chocolate lustre/cocoa shimmer
* LORAC brow pencil in brunette
* Cover Girl Exact Eyelights mascara in black pearl
* NARS pencil sharpener
* NARS the multiple in Palm Beach
* NARS creamy shadow in Savage
* NARS lip gloss/stain duo in stolen kisses/pampa
* Bobbi Brown lip gloss in fudge
* Bobbi Brown Shimmering nudes eye palette
* Tweezerman slant tip tweezers
* MAC 239 brush
* MAC 188 brush
* MAC Grand duo mineralize blush
* MAC greasepaint stick in black
* MAC shadestick in gentle lentil
* BillyB Beauty brushes #13 & #8
* Tricia Sawyer smoke & mirrors
* mini ceramic nail file
* Blinc eye drops
* Rohto V eye drops
4. If you could makeover any celeb, who would it be and what would you do?
Oh wow.....I think I would do Amy Winehouse. First, I'd give her some food. I'd probably have to drug her (which she wouldn't have a problem with, obviously LOL) and give her milkshakes and protein powder intravenously. Then I would cut all her hair off and give her a pixie do like Mia Farrow in Rosemary's Baby. Makeup would be really dark smokey eyes, shimmery cheeks and nude lips.
5. What's your favorite beauty splurge...how about your fave drugstore find?
Beauty splurge...3Lab M Cream (the best) and drugstore find CG exact eyelights mascara I ADORE but the best thing at the drugstore are those little Queen Helene mask packets. I buy 3-4 at a time and use them on the weekends.