Her blog, All Lacquered Up, has a beyond-huge following and is filled to the brim with everything you need to know about anything nail related.
And I mean everything.
Things like nail tips, new nail collections, reviews, nail color comparisons...the list goes on and on.
Did I mention her gorgeous swatches that make it so easy to figure out which shade you are going to run out and buy?
Plus she's super-nice, smart, funny, and beautiful.
You just can't help but love her for taking the time out of her uber busy day to answer a few questions...
1. What nail trends/colors are you just in love with right now?
Chanel Jade and Essie Mint Candy Apple to the dark blackened greens like Lippmann Don't Tell Mama and butter London British Racing Green I'm one happy green-loving nail polish fanatic. And even though it's not necessarily a crowd pleaser, I'm loving the matte polishes and top coats. I'm all about trying something new and while the matte thing was done back in the 90s, I welcome its return with open arms. Matte top coats are great for creating subtle nail art patterns like polka dots and stripes. Nail art is huge right now but not necessarily my thing, so using matte and glossy top coats to create designs is a fun alternative.
2. Can you give my readers some pointers on getting their manicure to last?
1. Water kills a manicure like there's no tomorrow so please, please, please buy gloves to use when cleaning.
2. Getting the polish to adhere to the nail plate is your biggest battle so make sure it's clean of all oils. A simple swipe of white vinegar or a pH balanced nail prep product, like Seche Prep or OPI Chip Skip, will do the trick.
3. I can't stress this enough, apply thin coats. The thicker the layers of polish, the more prone you are to chipping.
4. Finish each layer of your manicure by swiping the free edge of your nail with base, polish and top coat to help prevent tip wear.
5. Reapply top coat after two days to extend the life of your manicure and restore glossiness.
3. Your nails and hands and cuticles always look fabulous...what's your secret?
Oh it's all smoke and mirrors. A good parlor trick. All kidding aside, I'm fanatical about more than just polish. I'm obsessed with cuticle creams and oils. I carry a Sephora Cuticle Oil Pen everywhere I go. I have them stashed around the house too. They're portable, TSA friendly (for travel) and don't leave you feeling all greasy. At night I like to slather my hands in a rich hand cream, apply a heavy cuticle cream, like Lush Lemony Flutter, and put on cotton gloves to let it all sink in. I honestly don't know if the gloves make that much of a difference, but it keeps my TV remote from being covered in oils.
4. What five beauty products can you not live without?
Oh that's a hard one. I live for lip balms and have been obsessed with Tracy Stern's SalonTea line for a while now. I love makeup but consider mascara and eyeliner my essentials. I can't imagine a mascara better than Estee Lauder's Turbo Lash and I've been involved with MAC's Graphic Brown Fluidline for years. I stockpiled jars of the discontinued color when I ran across it at a CCO (Cosmetic Company Outlet). Is it terrible that I want to wear my signature shade of nail polish, Rescue Beauty Lounge Mismas, like all the time? It's my perfect purple. Oh and New York Streets shampoo and conditioner is my hair's BFF. It's a small, relatively unknown line but so, so magical on my tresses.
5. Can you share a favorite beauty tip?
I don't know how often this applies to most people but it's a fun discovery I made based on a reader request. She had asked if there was a way to remove pen marks from a manicure. I decided to try the same remedy people use for clothes, hairspray, and it totally works. Just spray and buff the marks away with a cotton pad.
I am sooooo applying her tips for a lasting mani, asap.
Plus that Lemony Flutter cream just sounds ridiculously marvelous and perfect don't you think?
And that last trick?
Be sure to check out her product picks by clicking on the links above!
editor's note: i have not actually tried any of the above products, nor did i receive anything for reveiw...the picks are actually those of ms. mismas. this is after all an interview. but, because she kicks butt in regards to anything nail related, i plan on purchasing at least three of those products mentioned. really more than three to be honest with you.