Tuesday, February 15, 2011

hello world...or at least those few who are still checking in on me...

I suck.

Really.

I know that I suck at keeping my word.

I do have some excuse for not keeping up though...besides not being able to do more than one thing at a time.

I've been concentrating on the kids (as usual), the new house (it never ends here), keeping up with the renters at our old home (we had to rush to find new ones after the previous tenants had to abruptly leave, but that's a whole other story), and I've lost over 55 pounds.

What?!

Yup, I've lost over 55 pounds since I started working at it in mid-October.

Here's a before and after:

Before Pic:
taken this summer with the kids at the zoo.

After Pic:
taken a couple of weeks ago.
proud to say I've lost about 7 lbs since then!
(sorry it's a little blurry...the husband took the shot)

It's been insane and not easy, but I shed the pounds and I'm working towards losing about 15 more.

While I did the first 55 on my own, I've decided to join Weight Watchers online to lose the rest.  I need to report to someone other than myself.  Here's hoping it'll keep me on track and focused.

We'll see how that goes.

Anyway, I hope you're well and will come back again.

While I can't promise I'll post everyday, I do promise to post more than I have.

Talk soon!



P.S.  I'd love to hear how you're all doing and what you've been up to!  Feel free to leave a comment below and let me know the deal.  Bragging is totally allowed btw!!!

10 Comments:

Soos said...

Congratulations on your fantastic achievement!

I've got a new blog. Gained a couple of pounds. Looking for work.

1955nurse said...

OMG! You should be sooo proud of yourself! Weight loss is tough, especially when you're taking care of Kiddos! Hang in there, and keep up the great work. ;-)

Fabulous Over 40 said...

Congratulations! You should be so very proud!

mamavalveeta03 said...

Congratulations!! And don't let anything or anyone put you off-track from your goal. You've worked hard to get there and now comes the really hard work of keeping it off. Keep a positive mind-set!! Just think, you've done it!!!

KDC Events said...

WOW! Check you out! GOOOO JEN!!! You look amazing. Congrats on living your life and being a great momma =)

parisian_love1 said...

Amazing Blog!
Please stop by my Blog @ http://quick-reads.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your achievement! You look great.

Jennifer said...

Hey! Thank you all for the lovely complements!!!
I am bound and determined to not gain the weight back...but it's definitely a process.
I'll keep you posted on how things are going...

JuJu Aquamoist said...

Wow you did an amazing job on that. During the WC program, what activities did you do as the excerise portion?

Reality Junkie said...

You are trully motivating. I am also in the process of losing weight but i always get distacted away....mostly by food. My temptations are mostly on fast food and the cheesy one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails