Monday, May 2, 2011

kate middleton's bridal makeup...for less

Okay, it's taken me a while to get back to normal over here.

I've been really sick from allergies and a sinus infection, not to mention the fact that it was spring break for my 5 year old (which btw I really don't think a 5 year old pre-k attendee needs a break from going to school four days a week 3 hours a day...are you with me on this?) so that meant it was me and the kids and no husband because he was working pretty much the entire week.

Yay me.

Needless to say, while I did watch the Royal Wedding, I did not watch the event live.

I totally dvr'd it.

This woman needed her sleep.

I'm sure you've been bombarded with coverage of everything from her dress (as soon as I saw her dress I was like uh....hellooo...that is soooooo Grace Kelly), to her hair, to her makeup.

While Kate apparently did her makeup herself (I've heard rumors that she might have used Bobbi Brown cosmetics btw...thanks US mag online!!) there's enough tutorials and instructions out there to get you the same results yourself.

Here's a product rundown from Revlon that popped up in my inbox and can deliver you the colors you want at a bargain basement price!

Read on...

Revlon Cream Blush in Berry Flirtatious ($9.75) A botanical-based cream formula with natural, skin-enhancing ingredients – including green tea extract, gingko, biloba, ginseng, and grape seed extract protects and heals as it adds radiant color 
Revlon ColorStay Makeup as Foundation ($13.99)- Loose powder that holds the healthy, hydrating benefits of coconut water for luminous skin with a smoother texture 

ColorStay Liner in Black Brown ($7.39) offers precise definition with ability to apply a thin of a thick line that will stay for up to 16 hours 
GrowLuscious Mascara Waterproof in Black ($7.49) Helps lashes look instantly longer and lusher as the formula helps lashes grow stronger with each use 
Revlon CustomEyes Shadow in Sweet Innoncence ($8.99)  The silky, lightweight formula containing jojoba and shea butter glides effortlessly on lids and blends easily to offer the greatest versatility to achieve any desired look. 

Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Petal ($8.99) Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick- Elasticolor™ technology distributes rich color pigments evenly over lips and allows the formula to move comfortably with lips – like a second skin 
ColorBurst Lipgloss in Rosegold ($7.99) Revlon ColorBurst Lipgloss uses Elasticolor™ technology to distribute rich color pigments evenly over lips while conditioning and improving the texture with moisturizers and antioxidants such as sweet almond oil and vitamin E 

Also, here's some really great closeup shots of the wedding day and a truly fabulous makeup tutorial on You Tube.


Related Posts with Thumbnails