Summer is here in full force.
Unfortunately, the first thing to fall victim to the summer heat is your hair.
Am I right?
No need to fret though, lucky for you some super fab heat proof hair styling tips popped up into my inbox recently and I'm gonna share them with you.
Just because I'm that awesome.
So without further ado, read on for some great tips from top stylist - Zahir Ziani, the National Creative Director at Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spas.
· Don’t touch! – Playing or touching your hair can loosen the style out of its shape and create friction causing hair to expand, increasing volume and frizz
· Be cool – Skip blow drying and heated styling tools when you can in the summer. Excess heat can damage your hair cuticles and cause parched, frizzy hair
· Go long – When temperatures and humidity are at their highest, control your hair by keeping it long and heavy. The trick I use with all my clients is to add in curl to the ends with a roller so hair becomes “anchored” or weighed down
· Accept change – The texture of your hair will fluctuate with the seasons, so the products you use in spring may not be effective for smoothing hair and taming frizz during summer. Kerastase Bain Oleo-Relax is a perfect summertime beauty essential!
· Wear SPF – Hair, like skin, needs protection from harmful UV exposure. Look for hair care brands that offer sun protection with a minimum of SPF 15. Also similar to your skin, use hair care products formulated with antioxidant vitamins (A, C, E) to prevent against free radical damage. Add a vitamin B complex supplement to your beauty regimen to maintain health, shiny hair all year long
· Bounce-back – Use fabric-wrapped elastics; they are gentle on your hair and less likely to cause breakage and frizz. If you only wear non-metal elastics, do not wrap it around your hair more than twice. Before you go to bed, remove any elastic gently, as it can tangle hair during the night
Last but not least, make sure you visit your hair stylist at the start of every season to make sure you have the right cut and products to maintain smooth, shiny hair.
To learn more about Red Door Spa’s salon services, head on over to reddoorspas.com!